Celestron EdgeHD 9.25″ is an aplanatic SC telescope that offers great astrophotography performance when used with PrimaLuceLab devices like ESATTO focuser, ARCO rotator, GIOTTO flat field generator, ALTO cover motor and EAGLE computer. By installing it on a correctly dimensioned computerised mount, you can create a powerful but still portable telescope perfect astrophotography but that you can also use for visual application thanks to its large diameter (235mm – 9.25″)! In this article we suggest you what devices you can use together with the Celestron EdgeHD 9.25″ telescope.
Suggested devices for Celestron EdgeHD 9.25″ in astrophotography:
- EAGLE computer installed on the upper part of the telescope by using the Losmandy style PLUS dovetail plate with curved blocks for C9.25, C11, EdgeHD 9.25 e 11 e RASA 8 (PLLLOS495SAG925).
- ESATTO 2″ robotic focuser (PLLEST2) to be connected to the rear cell of the Celestron EdgeHD 9.25″ telescope by using the Adapter ESATTO 2″ for telescopes with large 3.3″ SC thread (PL3600212). ESATTO can be powered through the EAGLE by adding the Eagle-compatible power cable with 5.5 – 2.5 connector – 115cm for 3A port (PL1000044). If you need a lower profile focuser (based on your imaging train, for example if you want to add also an OAG with/without a filter wheel), you can use the ESATTO 2″ LP low profile focuser with PL3600539 adapter instead.
- ARCO 2″ camera rotator and field de-rotator (PLLARCO2) to be connected to the ESATTO 2″ focuser by using the Adapter ESATTO 2″ for ARCO 2″ (PL3600412). After the ARCO you can use any of the M56 to X with stop ring for ESATTO 2″ and ARCO 2″ adapters based on the thread dimension you have in front of your camera or imaging train.
- GIOTTO 285 Smart Flat Field Generator (PLLGIOTTO285).
- ALTO-2 telescope cover motor (PLLALTO2) to be connected to the PLUS Losmandy bar on top of the telescope by adding the Dovetail Clamp Vixen+Losmandy PLUS (PLLMORVLP). ALTO can be powered through the EAGLE (ALTO will provide power to GIOTTO too) by adding the Eagle-compatible power cable with 5.5 – 2.5 connector – 115cm for 3A port (PL1000044).
- ECCO2 environmental computerized controller (ECCO2) that you can install on the OTA by adding the DX finder base (PLLBACEDX) to automate control of the dew heater for 250mm diameter telescopes (PLLFAS250).
- A mount with around 20 kg payload capacity and high precision, like the SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 computerized mount (that can be used in equatorial or in alt-azimuth mode). In the “EAGLE-type power cables” category, you can find many available EAGLE-type cable with different connectors that you can use to power through the EAGLE the 12V powered mount you choose (this can be used only if your mount is 12V powered).
- A DSLR, mirrorless, cooled or planetary camera (with optional astrophotography accessories if needed) based on the way you prefer to make astrophotography with the Celestron EdgeHD 9.25″ telescope. In the “EAGLE-type power cables” category, you can find many available EAGLE-type cable with different connectors that you can use to power through the EAGLE the 12V powered camera you choose (this can be used only if your camera is 12V powered).