You have no items in your shopping cart.
Included with every SPIDER radio telescope, our RadioUniverse software allows you to control the antenna position and acquisition parameters of the receiver. This way you cannot only record data coming from the sky but also the transits or radio-images of radio sources in the sky you want to study. A window shows the entire sky with the position of the main radio sources with respect to stars and constellations.
- Control software for PrimaLuceLab radio telescopes
- Intuitive and easy-to-use: in single a screen it shows all the controls of the radio telescope
- Mount control: it allows you to remotely control all German computerized equatorial mounts equipped with an ASCOM driver (it requires the installation of ASCOM platform)
- Receiver control: it allows you to connect and control receivers
- Planetarium: it show the entire sky with stars, constellations, planet position, geostationary television satellites and the main sources of natural radio waves in the Universe.
- Imaging mode: it allows you to set radio image recording parameters, display and save the results
- Transit Mode: it allows you to set the recording transiting parameters of the desired object, display the curve and save the results
When you want to record the faint radio waves coming from radio sources outside of the Solar System, the data processing is critical. That's why we designed RUviz software (RadioUniverseVisualizer) which allows you to import data captured by RadioUniverse and process them in a very simple and fast way. In this way it is possible, starting from the registration of several consecutive transits of the sky area that you want to analyze, to create radio maps of faint radio sources such as Cassiopeia A and Taurus A (see image below).
RUviz uses special algorithms in order to to reduce the signal drift caused by the change of the antenna pointing. Other features allow you to minimize the drifts due to variations in ambient temperature.
(Cassiopea A radio-map recorded with Spider230 radio telescope: recorded with RadioUniverse, elaboration with RUviz).
RadioUniverse and RUviz are available in English language and are provided with a comprehensive installation and use manual.
|Compatible operating systems||Windows Vista, 7, 8 (32/64 bit)|
|Images recording format||BMP, FIT|
|Transits recording format||BMP, CSV|
|Memory used on hard disk||15 MB|
|Required RAM memory||1 GB|
|Supported equatorial mounts||ASCOM compatible models|