You have no items in your shopping cart.
XP dielectric diagonal mirrors set the new standard thanks to their high optical and mechanical quality, everything at a great price! When you point a telescope with back focus (like a refractor or a Schmidt-Cassegrain) toward the zenith (ie vertically), the eyepiece is in a very awkward position. For this reason, before the eyepiece, a mirror diagonal is inserted into the focuser which put the eyepiece in a more comfortable viewing position. But if the mirror diagonal hasn't high quality, you will loose contrast and brightness in images given by your telescope.... In fact many diagonal mirrors use low quality mirrors that decrease image quality also in the best telescopes (usually decreases both the contrast and brightness).
Our XP 90° 50.8mm dielectric diagonal uses a dielectric mirror with 99% reflectivity and lambda/10 correction to provide brighter and with higher contrast then the ones of standard mirror diagonals, and now with the OnAxisLock system you'll get the best performance from your telescope!
- Dieletric mirror to ingrease images brightness: standard mirror diagonals use mirrors with reflectivity around 94% then, with our XP mirror diagonal, you will have 5% more light with your telescope!
- Lambda/10 correction mirror for high contrast images: while classic mirror diagonals reduce image's contrast (an effect particularly visible at high magnifications), our XP dielectric mirror diagonal uses a high precision mirror (lambda/10) to keep the image contrast high.
- Quality built: our XP mirror diagonal are completely metal built with high quality materials.
- OnAxisLock system that replaces the classic screw with a locking ring system.
- 50,8mm filter thread: on the 50,8mm nose (that lets you connect the mirror diagonal into the 50,8mm focusers) .
XP 90° 50,8mm mirror diagonal (with optional LE Planetary eyepiece and optional OnAxisLock 31.8 adapter inserted in) connected to AIRY ED100 telescope's focuser.
The XP 90° 50.8mm dielectric diagonal is characterized by a very accurate mechanics: made entirely of aluminum with anodized finish, it fits all 50.8mm eyepiece with the power of the OnAxisLock system.This allows you to perfectly lock the inserted accessory by rotating the outer ring (red): a special double ring tightens internal accessories with an uniform pressure. The OnAxisLock device also allows you to keep perfectly aligned the accessories inserted in the focuser: so you will get the best optical performance from your telescope.