You have no items in your shopping cart.
To maintain a correct color balance during daylight pictures, DSLR camera use a filter placed in front of the sensor that not completely transparent especially at higher wavelengths corresponding to the red. In the astronomical application this is a problem since the most important emission line, the H- alpha (emitted by many nebula for example) is right in the red. The FullRange modification consists removing the Canon EOS or Nikon the original filter (not adding another filter): in this way the camera becomes more sensitive, even at wavelengths of infrared and ultraviolet.
Note on daylight use of the camera: by changing the filter, daytime pictures will have a redder hue in respect of those captured with unmodified camera. In addition, the camera autofocus will not work using photographic lenses, so you have to use the manual focus.
Procedure for the modification:
1) Perform the order from our website
2) Download, print and compile this PDF module.
3) You will be contacted by our technical experts that will tell you when to send your camera. Please include in the package the PDF compiled and signed.
4) Enclose the camera (with its battery) in a secure package and ship to us with a courier (address: PrimaLuceLab iSrl, via Brentella 53/7, 33080 Roveredo in Piano PN Italy, tel: 0434/1696106)
5) When we'll perform the modification, we will contact you and send back your camera
In our laboratory we perform the Canon EOS or Nikon camera modificaton using special instruments and a clean room to prevent static electricity from damaging the internal components and the dust from depositing on the sensor during modification process.