You have no items in your shopping cart.
For high magnifications, like for observing moon and planets, you need to use short focal length eyepieces. These are often either very expensive or have a very narrow eye relief, making them rather uncomfortable to use. For astro-imaging with a large magnification you can do eyepiece projection, but this offers only a limited sharpness throughout the photographical field. The TS Optics APO Barlow lens is the ideal alternative for both applications.
The large magnification factor 5x turns for example a 25 mm Plossl eyepiece into a 5 mm eyepiece, while retaining the comfortable eye relief of the longer eyepiece. This is very comfortable for observing planets. For high magnification astro-imaging, like for webcam imaging of the planets, you could use eyepiece projection photography. The better alternative is the 5x Barlow lens because it offers a better field sharpness than typical eyepiece projection. Experience shows that for planetary imaging an effective focal ratio of f/25-f/30 is ideal. As a result this Barlow is the perfect match for most Newtonian telescopes.
- Magnification Factor: 5x - visual use
- Optical Layout: 3 element apochromatic design (air-spaced)
- Coating: Fully multi-coated
- Blackened Lens Edges: Yes. For suppression of internal reflections.
- Mechanical Quality: All metal design. Short length
- Clamp Mechanism: precise lock by brass compression ring