SkyWatcher EQM-35 PRO SynScan mount likes similar to the EQ3, but offers more and better features, tipical of more expensive mounts. For example, it is equipped with a large AR gear with a diameter of 92.5 mm and with 180 teeth for high-precision tracking (compared to the 130 teeth of the EQ3) and periodic error values closer to more expensive mounts. The mechanics have been significantly improved and this translates into higher stability and payload capacity.
The new design provides for the possibility of removing the DEC axis, the counterweight bar and the counterweights too, considerably reducing the weight of the instrument. In this configuration you can use a simple Vixen 45mm dovetail bar with tripod mount (not supplied) and mount the camera directly using a ball head (not supplied). Alternatively, a DSLR can be mounted on an L-bracket (optional SK-EQM35-L). In this configuration, the mount works like a Star Adventurer star tracker, but with significantly higher weight capacity and tracking performance.
Mechanical and electronics revision of the mount
Before delivery of the mount we perform for free in our laboratory a mechanical and electronics revision:
1) mechanical revision: we test the fluidity of the axes and we perform a position adjustment of the worm gear in both axis in order to reduce backlash.
2) electronics revision: we check the correct operational of the handpad and we update the firmware to the latest version available. This way you will have the handpad in MULTI LANGUAGE version.
This way, your mount will be immediately able to give you best performances, also for astrophotography and you will always have the latest features.
SynScan hanp-pad firmware 5: precise tracking and automatic goto and many functions
The SkyWatcher SynScan EQM-35 mount uses SynScan computer to control all functions, even the most advanced ones dedicated to astrophotography. The main functions are:
- 42.000 objects internal database
- 1, 2 or 3 stars guided alignment
- Sidereal, solar or lunar tracking speed
- Slewing speed from 2x to 800x
- 5 version firmware, upgradable through the internet (more internal memory than the previous version to let you more upgrades in the future)
- PEC (Periodic Error Correction), PAE (Pointing Accuracy Enhancement) advanced functions and assisted polar alignment.
At the base of the hand-pad, you can find the USB port for computer connection: you can connect the mount to a computer to control it remotely. Then you can use one of the many compatible planetary software (such as Cartes du Ciel) to control the mount not only from the hand-pad but directly from the PC.
Using the same USB connection, you can update the hand-pad firmware by downloading the updates that SkyWatcher periodically releases on the internet.
SkyWatcher EQM-35 SynScan mount - includes:
- Complete EQM-35 SynScan mount(head + tripod)
- SynScan hand-pad
- 2 counterweights 3,5 Kg
- Polar scope
- 12V power cable (cigarette lighter socket)
- 12V power supply
- Installation and use manual (english and italian)
- 3 years warranty