You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Use in equatorial or altazimutal mode
- Autoguide port, USB-serial port, DSLR shutter control port
- Very precise goto and tracking, low periodic error
- Freedom Find technology
- Low weight, 40% less of an AZ-EQ6
- Compact dimensions, foldable legs pier
- Possibility of use in all latitudes (from 0 to 90 degrees)
Mechanical and electronics revision of the mount
Before delivery of the mount we perform for free in our laboratory a mechanical and electronics revision:
1) mechanical revision: we test the fluidity of the axes and we perform a position adjustment of the worm gear in both axis in order to reduce backlash.
2) electronics revision: we check the correct operational of the handpad and we update the firmware to the latest version available. This way you will have the handpad in MULTI LANGUAGE version.
This way, your mount will be immediately able to give you best performances, also for astrophotography and you will always have the latest features.
With the patented Freedom Find (dual-encoder) technology which allows the telescope to be moved manually or electronically in either axis without losing its alignment or positional information. After moving to a new object the telescope will automatically begin to track the new object accurately. No re-setup is required in one observing session.
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 PRO SynScan Go To mount is equally useful as a EQ mount, or operating in AZ mode. The AZ-EQ5 PRO SynScan features hybrid stepper motor drives on both axes for smooth slewing at up to 4.2o. The mount accepts the standard ST-4 style autoguider input for astrophotography, and also has a DSLR shutter control port. Supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track 42,900+ celestial objects from its database.
The SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 PRO SynScan mount uses SynScan computer to control all functions, even the most advanced ones dedicated to astrophotography. The main functions are:
- 42.000 objects internal database
- 1, 2 or 3 stars guided alignment
- Sidereal, solar or lunar tracking speed
- Slewing speed from 2x to 800x
- 5 version firmware, upgradable through the internet (more internal memory than the previous version to let you more upgrades in the future)
- PEC (Periodic Error Correction), PAE (Pointing Accuracy Enhancement) advanced functions and assisted polar alignment.
On the mount, you can find the USB computer connection port: via the cable, you can connect the mount to a computer to control it remotely. Then you can use one of the many compatible planetary software (such as Cartes du Ciel) to control the mount not only from the hand-pad but directly from the PC.
You can connect the handpad to the PC to update the firmware by downloading the updates that SkyWatcher periodically releases on the internet.
The AZ-EQ5 PRO mount is equipped with an index on its R.A. worm. Thus the motor controller can keep track of the current position of the worm. After a proper PEC training routine, in which the training data is stored in the motor controller permanently, a user can start the periodic error correction (PEC) at any time to improve the tracking performance for short focal length astrophotography. A training process is not required in the next observing session (assuming that the polar alignment is always accurate). Thus this is a Permanent Period Error Correction (PPEC). A user can train the mount with manual guiding or auto-guiding.
The AZ-EQ5 PRO mount is equipped with two SNAP ports which can control the shutter releasing of two cameras. Working with the SynScan hand control’s “Camera Control” function, a user can take batch exposures when doing astrophotography. Up to 8 groups of “Exposure-time & Frames” combinations can be set on the SynScan hand controller.
The SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 PRO SynScan mount comes standard with Vixen type telescope plates and it has no polar scope: by adding our PLUS big dovetail clamp you will have a better than original telescope connection, with the possibility to install both Vixen and Losmandy type plates, having also more stability and more comfortable and large knobs for a secure connection of the telescope. The external polar scope is connected to the mount and lets you perform an excellent polar alignment in an easy and precise way.
- AZ-EQ5 PRO SynScan complete mount (head + tripod)
- SynScan handpad
- 2 3,5 Kg counterweights
- 12V power cable (cigarette lighter socket)
- Additional plate for Vixen bars
- 12V power supply
- Installation and use manual (english and italian)
- 3 years warranty
|Mount type||Equatorial GOTO|
|Load capacity (kg)||15|
|Pulsantiera di controllo||Yes|
|Contrappesi||2 x 3.5kg|
|Velocità massima di spostamento||4.2°/sec|
|Porta autoguida ST4||Yes|
|Dovetail bar fitting||Vixen|
|Controllo dell'errore periodico||Yes|
|Diametro asta contrappesi||18mm|
|Lunghezza asta contrappesi||162mm + 120mm extension|
|Peso testa della montatura||7,7 Kg|
|Peso treppiede||6,1 Kg|