You have no items in your shopping cart.
XP dielectric diagonal mirrors set the new standard thanks to their high optical and mechanical quality, everything at a great price! When you point a telescope with back focus (like a refractor or a Schmidt-Cassegrain) toward the zenith (ie vertically), the eyepiece is in a very awkward position. For this reason, before the eyepiece, a mirror diagonal is inserted into the focuser which put the eyepiece in a more comfortable viewing position. But if the mirror diagonal hasn't high quality, you will loose contrast and brightness in images given by your telescope.... In fact many diagonal mirrors use low quality mirrors that decrease image quality also in the best telescopes (usually decreases both the contrast and brightness).
Our XP 90° 50.8mm dielectric diagonal uses a dielectric mirror with 99% reflectivity and lambda/10 correction to provide brighter and with higher contrast then the ones of standard mirror diagonals!
- Dieletric mirror to ingrease images brightness: standard mirror diagonals use mirrors with reflectivity around 94% then, with our XP mirror diagonal, you will have 5% more light with your telescope!
- Lambda/10 correction mirror for high contrast images: while classic mirror diagonals reduce image's contrast (an effect particularly visible at high magnifications), our XP dielectric mirror diagonal uses a high precision mirror (lambda/10) to keep the image contrast high.
- Quality built: our XP mirror diagonal are completely metal built with high quality materials. 50,8mm and 31,8mm accessories inserted in the mirror diagonal are blocked with a brass ring to avoid damaging the inserted accessory.
- 31,8mm reducer to let you use also 31,8mm accessories with this mirror diagonal.
- 50,8mm filter thread: on the 50,8mm nose (that lets you connect the mirror diagonal into the 50,8mm focusers) and on the 31,8mm adapter there's a thread to connect 50,8mm diameter filters.
XP 90° 50,8mm mirror diagonal (with LE Planetary eyepiece inserted in) connected to AIRY ED100 telescope's focuser.
The XP 90° 50.8mm dielectric diagonal is characterized by a very accurate mechanics: made entirely of aluminum with anodized finish, it fits all 50.8mm eyepiece and, in turn, provides the connection for both 50,8mm and 31,8mm diameter accessories (31,8mm reducer in the package). On eyepiece side it offers a closure with brass ring to avoid damaging the inserted accessory (other diagonal secure the accessory directly closing it with a screw that marks the barrel). The same brass ring is present also in the 31,8mm reducer.
Diagonale eccellente, si sente in mano e anche alla vista che non hanno risparmiato sui materiali. Eccellente anche provato sul campo. Ho apprezzato molto anche la disponibilità telefonica, essendo il mio primo acquisto, la velocità nonchè la gratuità della consegna.
Great solid build feels, built to last, great image and fast delivery.