The 36 cm aperture version is the largest RASA Celestron manufactures; it is the biggest and fastest (f/2.2) optical instrument of its kind available “off-the-shelf.” Unlike most telescopes, which only focus visible light (400-700 nm), the RASA 36 cm focuses an extended spectral range (400-900 nm), allowing a brighter signal to be detected by a camera sensor. The RASA 36 cm also features a redesigned focus system, which ensures easy and stable focusing. RASA 36 cm’s ample back-focus distance (77.5 mm) accommodates a wide variety of imaging sensors. A custom camera adapter can be added for a field of view up to 4.4 degrees.
4-element lens group utilizes extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature, the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph 14" is also an excellent choice for advanced astroimaging. 60 mm optimized image circle maintains pinpoint stars to the far corners of the largest available sensors.
Important freight requirement – RASA 36 is a professional-caliber, high-precision instrument. It is manufactured and aligned to an exacting standard to provide exceptional optical performance. The telescope is packaged to ensure it retains alignment and resulting performance during transport. However, due to the weight, size, and known stresses of shipping via parcel service, the ideal transport is a palletized delivery.
Celestron RASA Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt 14" astrograph with Losmandy bar: scope of delivery
- Celestron Rowe-Ackermann 8" optical tube
- Ultra-Stable Focus System – six precision sealed ball bearings virtually eliminate image shift.
- Integrated air cooling system –12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal air flow while filtering out dust.
- Internal filter mount – seamlessly accommodates a Light Pollution Imaging Filter into the optical path.
- Adapter for C-thread camera
- Adapter for T2-thread camera
- Losmandy style Losmandy bar